Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Talking Sociology Class Notes Blues, Act I

Three new songs here.
The story: I was looking through an old notebook trying to find a song I'd written in college. I found it, and also found notes from a class I took called Social Movements. I thought it was interesting that a lot of what we were talking about back then was kindasorta happening now.
Because I'm me, I started improvising music and singing, more like singtalking, my old notes, mostly verbatim.
These are all first takes. I don't even know what chords I was playing since I didn't write them down. In theory I could figure out the music and re-record it. Then again, communism works -- in theory. I don't think it would work to re-do it, although my ego is telling me that some of the tunes I came up with on the spot are very good.
Who says a liberal arts education is useless?
More to come. Enjoy.




Here's a link to music at Archive.org when the embed doesn't work because the Internet has become too fucking complicated:

Talking Sociology Class Notes Blues, Act I

No comments: